Monday, January 24, 2011

Back to business..








Thanks to Claire for getting me off my butt and getting the shaping room setup.

I have now 2 boards to glass and I haven't enjoyed shaping so much for quite some time.

Firstly, the little nuggetty...ummm, I don't know what to call it.
5'4'' x 21 x 2 3/4 flat rockered, small wave design.
No single concave on this one. Just flat into a deepening double concave (deepest between feet) which runs out to a little vee of the diamond tips.
With that much nose area up front, I figured lift wasn't going to be an issue and its a very flat board. Time will tell.
Not a lot of edge past the fins either,which will be a quad setup by the way.
A couple of fishes I have built in the past worked real nice without too much edge so running with that...
Nice full 50/50 rails so mixing up some winning components and we'll see how we go.

Planshape? Just looking for something different.




No comments: