Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Versatility...

First off, let me say this shape has been wholely and solely inspired by Daniel Thomson's MPH range of boards.

He surfs them outstandingly so ipso facto...so should I !!!!!

I have been paying close attention to his design theories and I just love the look of hios boards.
Very left of centre.
So I shaped a slightly more user friendly version. The rocker looks flattish but in reality there is more, especially at the (equivalent) 12" and 24" points from the nose. Tail is pretty standard lowish rocker out the back. Anyways, somewhere to start.
A little wider and a little longer than he would recommend for someone my height and ability (or lack thereof...)
Hows that BIG arse tail?!...

The board is 5'6" x 19 1/2 x 2.35 so should be manageable.
Fingers crossed but they are real fun and challenging to shape so don't mind trying a few things.







Want to get it glassed pronto and try it out. Pretty amped on this one!

No comments: