Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Experiments...




Finally finished off the asymetric tailed board.
Deliberated for ages over what fin setup to use as it didn't seem obvious what would work the best in a quad arrangement. Setup to one side or the other.
So I went with the fastest setup (in my opinion) and stuck with some fins I have been enjoying of late.
The twin fins should keep it nice and free (albeit maybe a little loose on the toe side) and let me feel the difference in the template.
Thats the theory anyway.
This is the last board I have shaped with a larger radius on the bottom part of the rail profile. As I like a lot of edge running up the board, it is just too hard to keep that consistent edge that far in from the outside of the rail. You end up sanding and sanding to try and pull back the edge and no one comes out happy(!!!)
Anyway, I'll give her a burl and see what happens...
be interesting to see how a 5'6'' (yes I know) shorty(ish) board paddles...

No comments: